Saturday, June 6, 2009

Six Book Saturday

Today, I purchased six books from the local chapter Salvation Army Thrift Store. They ranged in price from $.99 to $1.99. The total: $11.49.

I bought:

1. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho (yes, I do already own this one, but I thought I'd give it to someone),
2. The Idiot by Fyodor Dostoevsky,
3. Dracula by Bram Stoker,
4. The Shipping News by E. Annie Proulx,
5. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver, &
6. There Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston.

All things considered, this was quite the boon for me. As you may know, I purchase books at a compulsive rate sometimes. This idiosyncrasy was brought to light again today, though at a reasonable cost. In a manner much like Chris Abel's recent post, I know I will read them...sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment